The Fischer-Spassky Chess Pieces are those of the design used in 1972 in “The Match of the Century” in Reykjavik, Iceland between Bobby Fischer of the USA and Boris Spassky of the USSR. The unique interpretation of the classic Staunton design makes these pieces a timeless classic. Only the finest grade of Boxwood is used in these proportionately balanced and weighted pieces. The Mahogany and Maple Chess Board is a very close approximation of the actual design of board used during the match. The Root Wood Burl veneer Chess case with contemporary chrome clasps is a worthy recipient of the Fischer-Spassky pieces.
This set ships free anywhere in Canada.
- King Height : 3¾ inches (9.5cm)
- King Weight : 2.4 oz (69g)
- Pawn Height : 2 inches (5.1cm)
- Pawn Weight : 0.8 oz (22g)
- King's Base Diameter : 1.7 inches (4.3cm)
- Board Dimensions : 20 x 20 x ¾ inches (51cm x 51cm x 2cm)
- Square Width : 2 inches (5.1cm)
- Total Weight : 6.6 lbs (3.1kg)
- Materials Used: Ebonized Boxwood, Boxwood, Walnut, Maple, Felt Base, Chromed Metal, Rootwood Burl