The Fischer-Spassky Chess Pieces are a precise replica of the pieces used in “The Match of the Century” in 1972 in Reykjavik, Iceland between Bobby Fischer of the USA and Boris Spassky of the USSR. The unique interpretation of the classic Staunton design makes these pieces a timeless classic. Only the finest grade of Boxwood is used in these proportionately balanced and weighted pieces. A board of at least 20 inches is the perfect companion for these pieces.
- King Weight : 2.4 oz (69g)
- Pawn Weight : 0.8 oz (22g)
- Total Weight : 3.1 lbs (1.4kg)
- King Height : 3¾ inches (9.5cm)
- King's Base Diameter : 1.7 inches (4.3cm)
- Pawn Height : 2 inches (5.1cm)
- Materials Used: Ebonized boxwood, Boxwood